Sunday, October 23, 2011

THE FORBIDDEN FRUIT

apple tree The Forbidden fruit by Aaron Schnorbitz

This work - Forbidden fruit – is Aaron’ attempt to reconsider the source of the Fall of humanity and analyze the roots of human sin.

According with one of the principles of rubber art (a special artistic method) – came, saw, remade – he takes as a basis the well known classic work of Lucas Cranach the Elder Adam & Eve and changes some key details in aspiration to reach the peak of creative expression and astonish the public.

Aaron affirms that the remake of Lucas Cranach’s painting doesn’t aim to insult the believers, but «gives them the opportunity to reassess the theological dogma about the original sin».

«Temptation and the Fall were always my points of interest», - says Aaron Schnorbitz: «The practical aspect of this issue is particularly interesting for me, so I prefer investigating it personally to feel all pleasant moments of this process. It pushed me to give Adam my appearance, because I always wanted to try walking in his shoes. And Eve… was inspired by my beautiful muse Betty Logan».

United Artists Magazine, №37, 2011

For additional info on this topic vizit www.aaschnorbitz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment